Thursday, April 11, 2013

HAWMC Day 11: Find Me Gluten Free



Welcome to HAWMC Day 11!  You can start with Day 1 here.

Technology got the best of me today.  My Macbook randomly stopped charging, and the battery is so old that it doesn't hold a charge anymore.  Thus, I was out of a computer for a good 6 hours.  I text my husband, "I think I might die."

And yet, I remember the days when the cool kids all had pagers, and I was not a cool kid.  How did we ever survive without technology?

At any rate, darling Macbook randomly began to charge again.  She needs an Apple visit for sure, but in the meantime, I shall post today's HAWMC Prompt:


Write about your favorite health iPhone app. 

Aside from infertility, I also have a wheat allergy (which is probably connected somehow).  While I don't have to eat completely gluten-free, I love finding foods and restaurants that offer a GF menu, because I can be sure that I won't be eating wheat.  So, my favorite wellness app is Find Me Gluten Free.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/4/prweb9370128.htm
It's got like a bazillion GF restaurants listed on it in whatever location you are.  I absolutely love it, and it's constantly being updated, so one can never be without GF good eats.  Check it out!

Until tomorrow...be well,
~M

4 comments:

  1. I have just started a gluten free diet on the advice of my acupuncturist, and am really hoping this might make the a difference, not only IF wise but to my general quality of life. I've been doing research, and there really does seem to be a link, as well as with recurrent loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for your acupuncturist suggesting GF! A lot of research points to gluten being inflammatory, which affects fertility in a big way. I hope you feel a difference as well; it should be almost immediate. Crossing fingers that your take home baby is also around the corner.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting about us Maria!

    Darin Alpert
    COO
    Find Me Gluten Free

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! You've grown a few more brain cells by commenting. No really...you have.